One of the biggest concern areas of auto shipping which bothers many customers is the cost factor. Is it going to be exorbitant or affordable? While there is no right or wrong answer to this question, there is some information which is given below, which inform you of the factors on which the cost depends. When you are negotiating with an auto shipping company, make sure that you have answers to these questions ready as then you can get a realistic quote from any auto shipping company:
- Are you keen on any specific delivery date for your car? If you are, then you would have to opt for a mode of delivery called ‘expedited’. This means that your car will get the utmost priority in the company’s shipping schedule and might
supersede many cars in terms of delivery, which were scheduled for delivery earlier. Needless to mention, any ‘expedited’ or express delivery costs extra money, be it your favorite pizza or your car.
- What is the size, make, model and approximately weight of your vehicle to be shipped? If it is extra large and weighs more than a standard car, you will have to pay more. This is because your car will occupy more space in the truck which will have to be compensated by more money.
- How many vehicles would you like to be shipped? Obviously, more the number of cars, the more you have to pay. This also includes your boat, snowmobile or even a bike.
- How far do you have to go? Distance, in any kind of relocation affects the cost of transportation.
- Are you opting for door to door or terminal to terminal pick up and delivery? While the former is more convenient, the latter is less expensive, the reasons for which are obvious.
- Are you thinking of ‘enclosed’ carriers for your vehicle? People opt for enclosed carriers as against open carriers when they are transporting, vintage, classic, exotic or sports cars. Such cars need to be prevented from the dust and debris of highways. While this form of transportation is indeed more expensive than ‘open’ carriers, some cars do demand it. Does your car belong to this category?
- If you opt for ‘open’ carriers, remember this is one of the most popular and affordable options for transporting a car from one city to another – irrespective of the distance between them. Your car will be transported along with 10 other cars and the carriers can either be fully or partially open. You ought to have seen brand new cars being transported across the country from the manufacturers’ shed to dealers’ showrooms.
- Is your car covered by your current auto insurance or you are planning to buy additional insurance for the car during transit? This amount can also affect your
car moving budget.
As give above, there are many factors which affect the cost of car shipping. In many places you can economize while other places it is best not to. Take care and your car will be as safe as you want it to be.